Friday, January 25, 2008

Boatloads of Love


Boatloads of Love
Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!


This stamp set has been available for a while, however it is a recent addition to my stamp set collection. I had a lot of fun with this card... lots of details.



For the main image, I started with two boats, I distressed the edges of the first image using DTP with a Black Stazon pad. I used a bashful blue marker to highlight the outer edges of the image to create a shadow. I applied color to several areas of the main image for more depth. The second image was colored, and cut out. I used a 1/8" handheld punch to punch out the small circles in various areas. I used a Fiskars heart handheld punch to create the stack of hearts inside the boat. For the matting underneath the sentiment I adhered to large ovals together. Finishing touches .... no card of mine is complete without the glitter. This card has lots of silver glittler specs ... and I meant LOTS, I used a fabric glitter spray to achieve this look.


Project Details
Stamps: Smitten, Boatloads of Love, Holidays and Wishes, and Totally Cool
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Basic Black Classic Ink, Black Stazon, Bashful Blue and Real Red Stampin Write Markers
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Salt and Pepper Patterned Paper from Reminisce
Other: Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Spotted Ribbon (May Arts), Key Tag Punch, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Heart Punch, 1/8" handheld punch, large oval punch.

3 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

ADORABLE card Kyla! I love all the extras you've put on this one. Really great job!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

so beautiful, i do not have this set, but t is tempting, tfs

Erika H. said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love the colors.