Sunday, November 12, 2006

SCS Sketch Challenge 92


We have had a lot of cold weather in Wyoming but we haven't had much in the way of snow, hopefully soon!

I am new to the sketch challenges on SCS, but I am enjoying the few sketches I have had time to play with. I loved SC #92 and instantly saw flakes, this is by far my favorite of the sketches I have tried so far. I started playing around with one of my favorite color combinations (Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Cool Caribbean, Very Vanilla) and decided to add a technique (heat embossing with classic ink). With the help of a great sketch this card came to life quickly! I love the way this turned out and look forward to playing with the sketches more.

Card Details: I combined "Crosshatch" and "Canvas" background stamps for one of the back panels, the other back panel features chocolate "Snowflakes" and cool Caribbean "Canvas". The snowflakes were heat embossed with iridescent ice embossing powder. I love the "dirty" look, I sponged cocoa over the card to add the finishing touches.

No comments: