Thursday, January 18, 2007

More about the Bodacious Chalk Board.... Happy Doodle Day!!

I wanted to reply to one of the comments left for the bodacious bouquet card in the blog from yesterday. Here is the original comment from my dear friend Linda Schmidt.

Linda Schmitt said...
I so wish SU! carried that scallop Giga punch - they are so cool! I do like how you improvised using the white gel pen and the Coluzzle. You've been a stamping machine this week, I can't keep up! LOL!


I finally had a chance to order the scallop Giga punches- the oval one was really hard to find as most of the stores carrying these punches are sold out. For the bodacious card I was wishing I had the oval scalloped punch.... improvising was a fun challenge. I used the oval shaped Coluzzle to cut out both sized ovals. I distressed the edges using the cutter kit, and then drew in the lines in white gel pen. Doodling is one of my worst fidgets LOL, I am the girl who colors on anything in front of me when I am on the phone. My phone book is a work of art in every shade. My husband gets after me because I don't just color on the cover, I color on any page that may have been open from looking up the phone number LOL. Some of the pages are so bad you can hardly see some of the listings... lucky for me they have the 1411 option on our phone package. Doodling is just something that you have to do and do often to do it well. My doodling could use a lot of work, sometimes my hands are steadier than others but I have really gotten back into this style. I remember when it was very popular in scrapbooking and it has since made a dramatic comeback in the paper crafting world. If anyone has any great tips to share on doodling, please respond and include them as well as any links for websites etc. We would love to hear where you get your doodling inspirations... does your phone book look like mine??

P.S. Even worse, I have been known to doodle on the utility invoices.... and of course on the portion you submit with your payment. I am sure the phone, gas and electric companies think I am absolutely nuts LOL!!

A Personal Challenge for each of you....Have a fabulous day and..... Doodle something today!! If you get a chance to play be sure to send us a link to your work so we can check out your doodle day projects!!

No comments: