Wednesday, February 7, 2007

This Week's Sketch Challenge


Rhapsody

I absolutely love the card sketch challenge this week on SCS. You can find more details about this sketch by clicking here. I modified my card to omit the 3rd layer, I tried several different things and couldn't find anything to go there that I liked... working with this patterned paper was kind of tricky (the colors are just off enough from the SU colors that it was hard to use our cardstock with it). Our newest scrapbook store has some amazing patterned papers, I have had these for a while and couldn't decide what to do with them... there are several different patterns from the Rhapsody series used on the card (not sure which ones, I didn't keep the ends)

Card Details:
Stamps: Happy Harmony
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Sage Shadow and Chocolate Chip
Other: Patterned Paper is "Rhapsody" series from Three Bugs in A Rug

Techniques: Faux Paper Piercing, Micropearl Watermark

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

This is easily one of the best cards I have seen lately! I wish I had omitted the third piece...it drove me nuts!