Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Forever Grateful


Forever Grateful
Images © 1990-2007 Stampin Up!

In designing projects for a Thanksgiving table... I started thinking about some of our past Thanksgiving celebrations. I instantly thought of my GG and O'pa. These cuties are my adorable great grandparents, they passed several years ago but I have many fond memories of celebrating Thanksgiving with them.

The photo was taken at the last Thanksgiving we spent with the two of them. O'pa passed shortly after, and GG the following year. I was fortunate enough to spend many Thanksgivings with my great grandparents and was lucky to enjoy several years of 5 generation get togethers. I am truly grateful for having them as a part of my life. ~Forever Loved

Project Details
Stamps: Dotted Autumn, Three For You
Ink: Versmark
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Other: Vanilla Organdy, Olive and Mustard Narrow Organdy Ribbon, Copper Cording, Copper Embossing Powder and Copper Brads, Key Tag Punch, Large Oval Punch

More Project Details
I purchased this beautiful yet inexpensive frame at Wal-Mart ($3.00). I removed the photo mat and embossed the dots (Three For You) around the edges and heat embossed with Copper Embossing Powder. I tied the ribbon around the glass and put everything in the frame. The Grateful for You sentiment is popped up on the outside of the glass. I also curled the ribbon using my heat gun.

No comments: