Thursday, November 16, 2006

"Welcome Little One"

I have discovered that my mom gets me stamping more and more these days. She stopped by to help me finish shopping for the kid's birthday parties this weekend. She mentioned needing to put together a baby gift for a baby shower tonight. We found the cutest little train outfit from Wal-mart and picked up a white bag, polka-dot tissue paper with coordinating curly ribbon. (All other supplies used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

When I started putting everything together, I discovered that the gift bag was not bright white like my cardstock, it was a very dirty shade of white. I decided to cover the entire front of the bag with cardstock, allowing only a small portion of the bag to be seen and layered cardstock from there.

I cut out little hands for the bottom of the bag and for the tag, punched out "welcome baby" using the alphabet block from the "I'm Here" stamp set, put them on tiny pieces of foam tape and popped them up for the greeting. I added tons of glitter and ribbon with cording to accent the bag. Brads were added in the corners to tie in the metallic look and to also adhere the panel to the bag. I used a small charm from Wal-Mart to finish the look (charm says new baby). The saddest part of this project was watching the original head out the door :( I did take pictures so I can recreate this bag for future baby showers. Enjoy Mom!

2 comments:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

What a sweet little gift bag!

Anonymous said...

Kyla - this bag is adorable! You put a lot of time into it, hopefully the recipient will treasure it as well as the gift! Great job as usual! Linda