Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Casing a Diva....

As I mentioned earlier in the week I manage a group of on-line demonstrators who have become some of the best stamping buddies a girl could ever have. The thing I love best about our group is without a doubt.... the swaps! Recently I participated in a Winter Mini Catalog themed swap and received some amazing cards back. Stamping samples for upcoming classes, I thought Michelle VanWiggeren's card would be a perfect card for a class featuring our amazing punches!

Her card used several sizes of circle punches as well as the oval punch (I just got these and I absolutely love them). She had used the striped pattern of our new designer paper (, with the influence of 32oz. of hot chocolate I decided to go with the pink and close to cocoa for my version of the card. Michelle currently does not have a blog, but I will see if her card is available on-line for viewing.


Colors for this card include Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, and Chocolate Chip. The patterned paper comes from the Loves Me Designer Paper from the Winter Mini Catalog. I also used my favorite combinations of ribbon (flirty ribbon originals with organdy and grosgrain ribbon).

Stamps used include the dots background from Polka Dots and Paisley along with the scrolling from Delight in Life, and Sweet On You set. The bottom of the card is pierced and the scallops were created using the slit punch (I have seen this a lot lately and cannot wait to share this with my customers). Punches used to create this card include 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1/2" circle, word window, large and small oval punches, slit punch and 1/16" handheld.

For the rest of my punch class projects I will be creating more simplistic samples and using some of the ideas that were presented at Convention this last year in SLC (they had some amazing samples created using various punches).

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

You have a great site and this is my favorite card. I have it saved in my "Favorites" on SCS and just have to see if I could even come close to this! Cheers, Allison