Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Love Matters

When I pre-ordered sets from the Winter Mini catalog this was one of the first ones to make my list. The other stamp sets from the mini catalog have amazing images and definitely portray my personality best, however I loved the words that were featured in this set and the hearts were absolutely adorable (I was a huge fan of the Smitten stamp sets, and the hearts have been hard to find replacements for).

Today is absolutely freezing in Wyoming for the 3rd day in a row, our temperatures this morning were -4 degrees. We have no wind and the sun is shining bright but it is so cold LOL, I couldn't imagine doing anything but stamping today.... I dropped the kids off at school and stopped by Starbucks for a hot chocolate and then home to stamp. The reason I mention the hot chocolate today is you are sure to see it's effects on my color choices today.

Creating this card originally started with a sketch, I did go a little off but for the most part I think I kept the basic elements of Sketch Challenge #10. You can view complete details about this sketch by clicking here. Colors for this card are Chocolate Chip, Close to Hot Cocoa, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White. The hearts are stamped in layers, colored with Stampin Write Markers, cut out and layered on the card. The ribbons used include Flirty Ribbon Originals, organdy ribbon in white, and rose grosgrain ribbon. The decorative lines around the card were freehand sketched doodles drawn in close to cocoa. The sentiment at the bottom of the card is stamped in close to cocoa and reads "is such a big word it really should have more letters".
Well... if it doesn't warm up soon I may be stamping cards in Florida with the Aloha set LOL!
Happy Holidays!

No comments: