Monday, January 22, 2007

Buggies and Booties... Pullin Pastels Technique

Sweet Baby

This is one of the cards that I created for my pastels class. The technique for this card is pullin' pastels. I should tell you ahead of time that this card did not photograph well. The technique is much prettier in person, the photograph in no way does it justice. This is a very fun but basic technique. I am not quite sure if I like the way this card turned out or not... I do not make a lot of baby cards, mostly because I am not really into the soft colors but I am a huge fan of the pink and black combo. Any thoughts?

I started this card with a small scrap of basic black card stock. Using a cotton ball, I smudged the entire surface of card stock with Pretty in Pink Stampin' Pastels. For best results, use a generous amount of chalk and be sure to cover the entire surface. Using the buggy from Buggies and Booties, I inked the stamp in Versamark and then stamped it over the chalked area. This Versamark is a sticky pad, it removes the chalk from the area where it was stamped. Once you have finished stamping, lightly mist with a sealant (for cards, hairspray works great).

I used the 1/4" circle punch for the brad mats, brads are from the Stampin' Up Vintage collection. The pink ribbon across the back is from the Flirty Ribbon Originals, with Black grosgrain ribbon tied over the top. The cardstock colors are Pretty in Pink and Basic Black with a small strip of paper from the Loves Me Designer Paper series (I love this particular piece, it reminds me very much of a babies quilt). The sweet sentiment comes from the So Very Sellabration set, and the baby sentiment is from All Year Cheer II.

2 comments:

blah said...

I love this card! What a neat and nontraditional baby card!

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Beautiful card! Your watermark looks really good on it, too. :-) Are you happy with it?