Saturday, January 6, 2007

Happy Hearts!!

I spent some time today designing cards for my Valentines class next week. I have had the Happy Hearts set for several years and still love it . I am continually finding ways to use it using current trends and styles. I am absolutely crazy about pink, and Valentines seems to be about the only time I can get away with this much pink LOL.

The card uses the Happy Hearts stamp set as well as Tiny Talk. Tiny talk is a great stamp set for quick little sentiments, it seems to have founds its way to the bottom of the pile with all the new flexible phrases sets I have acquired over the last year.
The scalloped edge was created using the slit punch, I just cannot seem to get enough of these adorable borders. The faux stitches were added using the white gel pen.
The main image includes the Canvas background stamp in Pretty in Pink. The hearts were added over the top using Rose Red and Regal Rose classic ink. I stamped several extra hearts to cut out (I know myself too well, I always have to cut something out), these were matted on Rose Red and popped up with dimensionals. The faux brads were drawn in using Rose Red Stampin Write marker and white gel pen, I used the paper piercing template from the Crafters tool kit (this seems to help center them and give them good shape). The ribbon cluster consists of Flirty Ribbon Originals, white narrow organdy, and rose grosgrain ribbons. A little sprinkle of dazzling diamonds finishes off the card.
My next project... I want to include some 3D items with this class and will have to find something to go with this little card. I will hopefully have pictures at the beginning of the week!

1 comment:

love2Bcreative said...

This is just awesome and just 'pops' --- totally!!! Mmm!!
TFS~