Sunday, January 7, 2007

Little Love Bug....

I have been stamping for the last few hours creating various Valentine cards. I am hoping to put a few of these ideas together for a class and the rest I will be sharing as samples at demonstrator training later this month. I have decided to send a special Valentine to each of my friends and family this year, I usually do not send cards for this holiday but I am having so much fun I just cannot seem to stop LOL. I am hoping to design something special for each one of them, I will be giving this card to my husband.

This card is a cased card... inspired by a fellow SCS member Jen70 (I will see if I can find out her last name) but in the mean time you can see her card by clicking here. I thought this card was absolutely adorable!! I had a few scraps laying on the table from my other cards (these will be posted tomorrow) and thought I would change a few things and use up the scraps and leftover pieces. Her card was created using sketch challenge 102, you can find more information about this challenge by clicking here.


Here are the details for my variation:

Stamp Set: Olive You (I love this stamp set for kid valentines etc)
Paper: Loves Me Designer Paper, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, and Regal Rose
Ink: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Basic Black
Other: White organdy ribbon, rose grosgrain ribbon

I sponged Regal Rose classic ink over the designer paper to mute it just a bit, I am really on a pink kick this week and it seemed to blush perfectly. The 3 hearts were created using the love notes heart from the Olive you set, these seemed to coordinate better than anything else I had. I scribbled in the heart the bug is holding to include SWAK, and added I-love-you in the 3 hearts as well. There is also faux paper piercing along the top and bottom of the card.

2 comments:

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

WOW Kyla – your work is beautiful… I just happened to come across your blog and now I added it to my favs! I’ll be looking forward to visiting your blog again ~ jovi

Anonymous said...

love what you did with the love bug!