Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Spring Garden.... Keep it or Trade It?

I have been going through creating an inventory of current stamp sets on my shelves and have discovered that I have way too many stamps and there are several that have not been used in years!! Spring Garden happens to be one of those stamp sets, I do not like parting with my stamps because I am a true collector but this stamp set has sat on the shelves for over 2 1/2 years without being used. I have pulled it from the shelves and have attempted several cards using this set for upcoming classes.

This card was created using all the left over pieces from yesterday! It was a fun and fast card and will be used in the Punches class coming in February. The scalloped edges were created using the slit punch (I absolutely love this look), the square pieces were punched using the 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" square punches, the tag was created using the 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches. The white circles were drawn on the scallops where white brads would have gone if I had any LOL, I used the top of an order sheet to line up the circles (my customers are going to love this, this is not the first or the last time we have used our order forms for stamping LOL).


The card is of course a sketch challenge combined with a color challenge, SC40 and CC95. You can read in depth about these challenges by clicking the links above.
So what do you think? Is there hope for Spring Garden? I would love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say KEEP IT! Im sorry I traded mine- this card is awesome! i love the colors you chose. You have an excellent blog with beautiful samples! Great work!