Thursday, January 4, 2007

Take Three... My first attempt with this stamp set

This is a newer stamp set recently added to my collection before the holidays. This is the very first card I have created with this set and I am already in love. This set coordinates with Perennial Favorites stamp set as well as the Four Seasons designer series paper. This card features all three coordinating pieces. I did some faux paper piercing along the top and bottom of the card as well as in the corners of the center piece and a few on the tabs, to achieve this look simply replace your paper piercing tool with a colored stampin write marker... use the fine tip end and the piercing template from the crafter's tool kit. The three leaf images were colored with Stampin Write Markers in Apricot Appeal, Bravo Burgundy and Creamy Caramel... I love this color combination, completely inspired by the paper. The tabs on the side of the card are punched out from the paper piecing punch and layered with a barely banana brad (sound crazy but it matches well).
I used the Simple Stripes on the creamy caramel card stock for a light background (very similar to the coordinating stripe on the backside of the designer paper) and colored the thank you and stamped along the bottom in creamy caramel too. A little bit of gold cording wrapped around and a tag tied on with burgundy grosgrain ribbon and this baby is done. This card went together fairly quickly (I say this by my time scale LOL, I tend to take a lot of time focusing on details when creating cards and I am pretty fast stamper), I am hoping to create a few more of these cards for my personal stationary.... one of my resolutions for this year is to send out more thank you cards.
Also, not to any surprise but this was also a card challenge from SplitcoastStampers. This card was created using SC5, click link for more details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful! I keep eyeing this set and passing, but I may have to reconsider. Thanks a lot. . . ;-D