Saturday, January 13, 2007

Springtime Garden....

Farewell Spring Garden


I have had a really hard time with this stamp set. I have had it for a very long time and seldom ever use it. In an attempt to drag out some older stamp sets I have absolutely tortured myself with this one. Great stamp set, it is just not my style despite my best attempts. This stamp set is currently looking for a new home, if anyone is interested in trading for this set you can contact me via email kylamaestas@msn.com



I was playing with the pastels today preparing for my class this next week. This card features heat embossing with Stampin Pastels. To complete this technique you need a really juicy Versmark pad, a cotton ball or sponge dauber and Stampin Pastels. Stamp image in the Versamark, quickly pounce (lightly works best) and apply color to the images. Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the top and heat set. Most images will still have quite a bit of Versamark on the surface even after applying chalk, this allows the embossing powder to stick. Heat set and you have a wonderful look. What I love most about this technique is it allows you to achieve that beautiful watercolor like look and the subtle color of pastels with a heat embossed finish.

Card Details:
Stamps: Spring Garden
Cardstock: Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Marigold Morning, Certainly Celery and Old Olive
Ink: Versamark
Other: Stampin Pastels, Gold Cording, Tangerine Grosgrain Ribbon, Ivory Wide Organdy Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder

No comments: